[NSRCA-dist8] Burn Out

Dennis Cone patternpilot at verizon.net
Mon Oct 20 12:53:56 AKDT 2008

Jim, Ray,
The problem most folks have while practicing pattern is they try to practice
by themselves. We have found that a caller who can judge you from a
different prospective will help you from practicing the same mistakes over
and over making the mistakes part of your routine. I know it is hard to have
someone with you all the time but once in a while have someone watch your
flight and make notes on your mistakes. Then work on getting them corrected.
It may be something as simple as wings level that from a pilots prospective
is hard to tell but from an observers would be very noticeable. Then you can
go out and practice wings level which in pattern has an effect on all other
maneuvers'.
Good to hear from you and good to see you are practicing. Jim you should
have no problem beating Rex in Masters this year because he spends a lot of
time looking for his canopy. I guess that is practice of sorts. We can just
call him when we lose a part and he can find it fast. It's a good thing he
is a good sport. (LOL) Rex, I think this means "lots of love".

Dennis Cone