[NSRCA-dist8] Wenatchee

Gordon Anderson GAA at owt.com
Wed Dec 24 18:39:25 AKST 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

Its great to see all the activity on the D8 list. Here are my thoughts and
recommendations regarding the Wenatchee contest idea.
1.) I would propose we offer the club the same deal we did at the RAMS contest
and the Redmond contest. We gave the club the profits. We kept just the funds
that covered our expenses. If we have a big turn out they make more and we don't
have the risk of having to pay $300 if we have a poor turn out. Also if we have
a small turn out we can finish in one day or one and a half days. For a little
history here is what we gave the RAMS and Redmond clubs the last two years:
2007 RAMS, $260 to the club for a $20 entry fee
2007 Redmond, $196 to the club for a $25 entry fee
2008 RAMS,  $160 to the club for a $25 entry fee
2008 Redmond, $325 to the club for a $30 entry fee
Based on this data if we run the event with a $30 entry fee there is a good
chance we could make $300 for the club and maybe more. Also with this approach
we would not have any risk.
2.) I assume we could practice on Friday?
3.) If this happens on a weekend when I'm in town I would be happy to CD the
event.

Well that is my 2 cents worth....

--Gordon

BTW; Lyle, I'll be happy to monokote your plane, we would love to see you back
on the circuit!