[NSRCA-dist7] 12s Packs Rules Proposals

Robert E Fish akmotov at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 30 08:48:27 AKDT 2021

 Derek,
I agree 100% with the proposal. It is time for pattern to catch up with the rest of the world. Far more pros than cons IMO.
Best regards,Robert Fish

    On Friday, April 30, 2021, 7:30:39 AM PDT, Derek Koopowitz via NSRCA-dist7 <nsrca-dist7 at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

Good morning everyone,

There is a rules proposal that has been submitted to the contest board for approval that deals with 12s packs.  We are looking to have a vote soon on whether to approve or not approve this proposal.  You can find the proposal here on the AMA website - RCA22-02.

Please send me your thoughts on whether you think we should adopt this proposal or not.

Pros:

Higher voltage packs with less mah are cheaper

Less weight (in theory)

Cooler motors and batteries (may last longer)

More efficient power consumption

Cons:

Expensive to convert existing equipment to 12s

Doesn’t align with FAI

Market may not support a lot of motor options

Best,

-Derek