[NSRCA-dist7] 12s Packs Rules Proposals

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:30:32 AKDT 2021

Good morning everyone,

There is a rules proposal that has been submitted to the contest board for approval that deals with 12s packs.  We are looking to have a vote soon on whether to approve or not approve this proposal.  You can find the proposal here on the AMA website - RCA22-02.

Please send me your thoughts on whether you think we should adopt this proposal or not.

Pros:

Higher voltage packs with less mah are cheaper

Less weight (in theory)

Cooler motors and batteries (may last longer)

More efficient power consumption

Cons:

Expensive to convert existing equipment to 12s

Doesn’t align with FAI

Market may not support a lot of motor options

Best,

-Derek