[NSRCA-dist7] Napa pattern contest

Adrian Wong riot3d at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:17:06 AKDT 2018

Have you ever try combining wine tasting & attending a pattern contest together?

For those pattern pilots who reside in northern CA, I'm sure many of you have had the opportunity to fly at the beautiful NBRC club in Napa - a wide open airfield surrounded by vineyard. And for those who have not yet had the chances, you owe it to yourself to attend our Napa pattern contest.

As most you may aware, Gary Stanton passed away two years ago. Gary had been an avid pattern competitor, secretary of NBRC & a long time friend of mine, who also had been graciously allowed me to use their facility to host a number of pattern contests in the past. Unfortunately, because of various reason, we have not had a contest there for sometime. However, thanks to Gary's son - Richard - we will be able to host a contest again this year, and I would like to dedicate this contest to his father Gary as the "Gary Stanton Memorial Pattern Contest".

The tentative date for the contest is 9/8 - 9/9. However, I do not want to take away a weekend of flying from the club member if we ended up with a low turnout. Therefore, please response either to the list or to me - riot3d at hotmail.com - so I can have an estimate on how many of you will be attending.

As I'm aware, a number of D-7 & some out of town/ district pilots are currently attending the AMA pattern Nats until the end of the week. I will wait until 8/12 before making the final decision.

Here are some information about the club. The runway have been recently resurfaced with new petromat, the length of the runway is 183x22 yards - 550' x 66'. It has a shaded pit area & electrical outlets.

Since I can not post picture on this list due to file sizes, I've posted the same announcement with pictures on RCU pattern section & on Facebook.

Should you have any question please do not hesitate to contact me.

Adrian