[NSRCA-dist7] District Championship conversation

John Bentley j.bentley at usa.net
Tue Apr 12 19:16:15 AKDT 2016

Hello all,
         This email is being sent  to start an open conversation concerning
our D7 District Championship contest as well as the points system that
determines the overall champion for each class. The current points system
requires 4 contests be attended  ( 2 contests can be out of district) with
each contest worth 25 points to the winner. Those possible 100 points are then
used in the final calculation of the district champion, with the championship
contest counting as 100 points for the winner. This system requires attendance
at the championship to be the overall champion . Since our district is very
large I want to explore other methods of determining the overall best pilots
in our district. As a quick example a pilot could have attended and won 8
contests within the district, if that pilot does not attend the single
championship there is no way for that pilot to win the honor. Please read Jeff
Worsham's article in the Kfactor  for some other districts perspective. My
intention is for our district to honor the best and most consistent pilot for
each class flown. I would like to explore the possibility of a ranking system
throughout the contest season, based on raw not normalized scores. This would
give a good light on who is the most consistent, as well as the best pilot.
Let the fun begin!
John