[NSRCA-dist7] Fwd: Season Championship Thoughts

Jonathan L Carter joncarter60 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 13 13:15:46 AKST 2015

Chris - As I indicated in my post, the data shows that Sean's change is
primarily symbolic. That being said, it is important symbolism in my mind.
First, it reinforces the fact that this is a "Season"- "Championship"; the
pilot's participation in the "season" is important. Second, there were a few
pilots (in FAI) who only attended three contests last year and the season
championship! Perhaps under Sean's new system we will get to see their
smiling, happy faces at four contests! This has the direct potential to
increase local contest attendance. Now you might argue that they will ignore
the fame, honor and chicks that come along with being the D7 season champion
due to this new requirement. I sure hope not but if they do, we will miss
them. :-(

Having two out of district contests able to count really makes it easier for
our more remote located pilots to accumulate the four contests required. Now
they only need two regular in district contests and they can fill the other
two with, hopefully, closer out of district contests.

Now, if you want me to add Gross Yearly Income. :-)

Jon Carter

  _____