[NSRCA-dist7] Rules proposals

Bill's Email silentav8r at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 22:55:25 AKDT 2012

On 9/3/12 11:33 PM, Peter Vogel wrote:
> That's the switch I use too, it's fail ON but my view is that for there to be a problem you need a cascade failure of multiple components (ESC, switch, radio) and that's so highly unlikely as to be safe for the amount of time we have our batteries plugged in but disarmed during use.
>
> Peter+

FWIW Peter, this is the response I got from Emcotec to my questions.

On 7/25/12 10:10 AM, Andreas Peukert wrote:

Dear Bill

1)If plane is flying what happens if the SPS unit stops working
correctly? Will power still be connected to the motor from the battery??

*A: If the MosFet gets open then it will turn off.*

2) Is there any way that once the battery is connected to the SPS and
prior to removing the magnetic plug that something can happen to the SPS
unit that will result in power be passed to the ESC/motor?

*A: If you not swich on it will stay off. If is failed it cannot turn on. *

Ich hoffe, ich konnte Ihnen behilflich sein und verbleibe mit
freundlichen Grüßen

Dipl. Ing. (FH) Andreas Peukert

/Entwicklung Elektronik / Support///

EMCOTEC GmbH