[NSRCA-dist7] Rules proposals

Bill's Email silentav8r at cox.net
Mon Sep 3 22:29:13 AKDT 2012

  I don't fly all that much pattern, but in all my planes I use the
arming switch made by Emcotec. It does not provide a physical break as
required by the proposed rule, but it does provide protection. When the
magnetic plug is out, the system is ready to be armed. If the radio is
off it will not arm until the ESC gets a signal from the RX. Put the
plug in and the circuit is broken between the battery and motor/ESC.

I confirmed with Emcotec that the system fails in a safe mode. If the
motor is armed and running and the Emcotec Saftey Power Switch fails, it
shuts off power. If it fails when the plug is in, it does not turn on
when the plug is removed. In my mind this is as safe, if not safer, than
a plug that must be plugged in to arm the system.

http://shop.rc-electronic.com/e-vendo.php?shop=k_emcotec_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=A72005&t=2263&c=2263&p=2263

My 1 cents worth (since I have not been flying pattern for 25 years)  ;~}

Bill Malvey