[NSRCA-dist7] FAI: F sequence at local contests

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Sun Mar 7 12:54:22 AKST 2010

I've stayed out of this conversation and it is probably too late to offer an idea now, but I remember going to a contest in Germany back in 1970.  It was a district type contest but open to all and as it turned out the guy that won wasn't from that district so the guy in second was the district champ.  But here was the format.  FAI only.  One plane in the air at a time.  One set of judges as I recall. Twelve pilots.  Two or three rounds just like the FAI rules called for at the time.  All in one day.  We could do what we wanted but the concept of an FAI only contest could attract some attention.

If we held a few FAI only contests I suspect many of the Masters guys would participate and find out it is a lot of fun.  Just a thought.

Jim