[NSRCA-dist7] BARCS Contest - May 1st and 2nd - this weekend!

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at comcast.net
Tue Apr 27 12:24:34 AKDT 2010

Everyone,

Just a reminder about the contest this coming weekend. The weather is going to be great - it usually is right after it rains.

This will also be the very last contest at BARCS - we got notice from the East Bay Parks that our lease is being terminated and we'll be out of there by the end of summer. So come on out and celebrate the last contest at BARCS - Adrian said to tell you all that he is buying lunch for everyone on Saturday - we'll have a BBQ at the field and the lunch will be free to all that fly in the contest.

9:30am start on Saturday if there is an overcast - so please show up at 8am. The temps are supposed to be in the high 60's and low 70's over the weekend but please dress appropriately since it may be cool in the early morning.

BTW - the field will be open for practice on Friday - there is a combination lock on the gates - the combination is 4182 if the gate is locked. I don't mind giving out the combination now since we'll be out the middle of the summer anyway and the lock will be removed. LOL

-Derek