[NSRCA-dist7] Masters points problem

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 17:22:14 AKST 2009

Bill,

Just a thought. I know you are trying to add a new class, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I understand that the same people win Masters and Fai each year. Is it fair? Maybe, they are good.. Why not go to a points system like D6? Therefore it takes more than 3 contests to achieve  100 points. Just a thought.
This is how they do it.

   The intent of this points system is to reward promotion of
pattern locally by recognizing those that participate often and fly
consistently well.  The overall goal is to develop leaders, encourage new participation, and create a sense of fun and pride in our district.  Feel free to send me feedback on what works, doesn’t work and what you’d like to see different.  OK, here we go:
Points are accumulated at a contest based on the position you finished in and how many people you beat.
1.      Your
best 4 performances are counted and two contests can be out of
district.  If Nats is used as the out of district, the maximum points
you can earn is 10 from that contest, and for this special case you do
not need to place in the top 5 to earn points for the number of people
beat.
2.      NSRCA membership is required before the beginning of the first competition date of the Nats (July 21st, 2008).
3.      Points accumulation will end and the winners will be announced at the final contest of the season as listed on Contest Calendar.
4.      There
will be no district championship meet that carries double points
because we haven’t solved the problem of making a single contest
accessible to all, or a way of combining results of a collection of
contests.
5.      Points are awarded through 5th place only.  The burden on the points keeper is too great otherwise.
     6.      The
pilot is responsible for delivering out-of-district results to me for
contests they want counted. It will only count if I receive the final
results

           for the entire class flown, not just your finishing place.

            Place

            Points

            1

            7 + number people beat

            2

            5 + #people beat

            3

            3 + #people beat

            4

            2 + #people beat

            5

            1 + #people beat

Ties will be broken in this way:
The points winner at
the last contest both pilots attended together. If this doesn’t work,
go to the previous head to head contest, until exhausted.The larger number of people (in the four counted contests) that the pilot beatIf both pilots are at the last contest of the year, a one round flyoffThe largest number of total contests attendedDeclare a tie and I have to beg the NSRCA president for forgiveness again.

Chris