[NSRCA-dist7] LiPo cell configuration

krishlan fitzsimmons homeremodeling2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 21:21:48 AKDT 2008

I remember this conversation from the contest. Glad you brought this up. I'm curious to know how my bad packs test out. I may have to get a cell pro. Mine are 1p's and I like them that way. Less cells can go bad in my way of thinking.
As I sit here contemplating the fact that I need to buy new batteries, this is very interesting to me. It's also interesting that the TrueRc packs that I have been considering, possibly aren't getting as good of reviews after people have several flights on them.  Not sure why. I'm sure the cell chemistry is similar to others. I'm pretty baffled at what packs to buy. I'm still leaning towards the TrueRc as I figure if they get me 100 cycles a set, then I pay like 2.50 per flight. Similar to glow. And I probably fly about 100-150"pattern" flights a year (yes, I know, I need more practice) lol. So spending 250-350 per year on batteries is fine with me.
I sure do know that my $2300 that I bought last year are shot at this point because of my charger that I was using.
Taking my 2 good set's to the field in the morning to fly, well, 2 flights. lol..

Interesting topic here.

Chris