[NSRCA-dist7] LiPo cell configuration

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Wed Sep 17 20:31:09 AKDT 2008

Scott, like you, my TP5300s (4P) configuration have lasted into my 3rd
season flying electric.  Yep, they are tired but will still pull my plane  vertical
as far as I need, just not quite as much gusto.  All my other  batteries are
1P configurations but I have not seen that show significantly  better or worse
balancing challenges.  I agree, the 1P configuration would  make it easier to
detect a single cell developing higher IR.

I have one FP5350 (2 5S packs) as well as 2 TrueRC 5000 mah packs (each 2  5S
packs).  The FPs have been solid with about 75 flights, no issues,  pretty
easy to balance while charging.  The 2 TrueRC packs need a little  more
balancing during charge but everything finishes out fine.  They have  less than 30
flights each.

I did check one of the TrueRC packs on Jim's Cellpro and all 10 cells were
in the 3.5 milli ohm range, one cell was slightly higher at about 4 if I
remember correctly.  The new Cellpro 10s is interesting and there is a  very good
review and subsequent discussion about it on RC Groups.

Don

In a message dated 9/17/2008 9:05:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,