[NSRCA-dist4] Matt Finley ( Gyros Article )

Matthew Finley rcfin02 at msn.com
Fri Dec 8 19:35:04 AKST 2017

Hello All,

I am writing this as I sit here kind of in awe of the article I just read in the latest Kfactor. I would really like to see what your thoughts are on this matter.....

Now I may be opening up a can of worms here, but I feel strongly enough about this, I just can not idle by the subject without some solid answers that make sense, or have valid points.

I for one am " Shaking, scratching, and everything else " with my head at this moment. Pattern is all about Flying Skill, Trimming Skill, Setup Skill, and a whole heap of other Skills. To add something into our world of Precision Aerobatics that is CRUTCH, and Yes I will Say it " Cheating Tool " is just beyond me. I also GUARANTEE you that it will not aid or help get people into Pattern, or at least not at the level that was mentioned. I do see the points made, however I in no stretch agree with them. Pattern would not be pattern in my mind with a " Technological Cheating Devise " put in place.

Now.... Playing devils advocate, I could see MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE see it work for Sportsman, or someone getting in...... Or, if they drink enough Koolaid start allowing them, than I could see a mandatory 1 or 2 Point automatic point deduction per maneuver if a gyro is installed.

Anyways, Those are my " Openly " stated thoughts. Curious what some of your are.

If someone is for them, or somewhat for them, I would be curious your reasoning, and or ideas.

Off my Soapbox, Drop the Mic, yada yada yada....... :)

Now, lastly I want to wish all of you and your family's a very Merry Christmas, and a Very Happy New Year !! Looking forward to 2018 !

Matthew E Finley
248-794-8487 mobile