[NSRCA-dist2] Surgery Status

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 11:20:12 AKDT 2008

I am at 20 weeks from the right knee joint replacement and six weeks out from the left knee joint replacement.
I recommend you do everything you can to make your original equipment knees last as long as possible. If you don't love/hate your Physical Therapist you probably are not getting the best possible results!

I did manage a flight on a smaller electric a week ago Saturday but just standing more than four minutes is a bit of a challenge. I hope to be back flying by September...

So take good care of those knees, the major maintenance options are a real pain.

When the time comes and the alternatives are exhausted the joint replacement is nothing short of a miracle to extending my useful life.

Take your time, come back strong!

John Ferrell    W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US