[NSRCA-dist1] D1/D2 Championship

dalehart at dh-web.com dalehart at dh-web.com
Thu Jun 20 03:55:08 AKDT 2019

The LVRSC yearly Pattern meet is coming up on July 6,7. The field is in
great shape, the farm fields surrounding the field are not planted yet, so
there is no corn or soybean surrounding the field. We will be running all
classes from Club to FAI.

A decision to move the D1/D2 Championship to the LVRCS contest has been
made. The motivation was to improve D1 attendance, while still having good
D2 attendance. LVRCS was chosen because it is the closest contest to D2. We
will be presenting a plaque to the winning District. A new plate will be
added each year to commemorate the new years winner, and the plaque will
move to the winners district. My thanks to Tim Pritchett for all his help
and having the plaque made.

The two unknowns for the meet are the weather, and if President Trump is in
the area. If he is, there will be a Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR)
stopping flying. Last year I was able to get a waiver. However, this took
several days and with July 4th on Thursday, this will limit the time allowed
to get all approvals. The fall-back position is to move the contest to the
BCAM field about 25 miles away. BCAM is also a very nice field, and great
for pattern flying. We had a very successful contest there late last year.
For a address use Kutztown Home and Garden Center, RT222, Kutztown. There
are hotels local to BCAM at the intersection of RT100 and RT22.

I will keep Facebook and the NSRCA sites updated. Please let me know if you
plan to attend and your contact info. Best to register on the NSRCA site.
But an email, or phone call, FB message will suffice. Should there be any
changes I will keep you updated.

Hope to see everyone there.

Thanks, Andy

Cell: 610-698-8973