[NSRCA-dist1] D1 and F3P report for Board mtg of 10/10/18

Sal Piu spiurc at comcast.net
Mon Oct 8 07:58:29 AKDT 2018

D1 report:

D1 flying season is winding down to sporadic outdoor flying
opportunities.D1 may have some upcoming indoor F3P events this winter
season.The next major D1 event will probably be the district meeting
held on the Saturday of the AMA Expo East in February 2019.

D1 survey results regarding potential NATS 2019 site from 6 people are
as follows:

Muncie:     4 YES, 2 Maybe
Blythville:         2 Yes, 2 Maybe, and 2 No
Some West Coast Site:      1 Maybe, 5 No
Some East Coast Site:       5 Yes, 1 Maybe

+++++++

F3P report:

Putting on my second hat as the NSRCA F3P representative, F3P currently
has one event scheduled for this upcoming winter season, with possibly a
few more to be scheduled.The first event is scheduled for November 24,
2018 in Coburg, Canada, which is east of Toronto, Canada, with Harry
Ells as the CD.Harry recently informed me a second contest will be held
on March 2, 2019 at the same Coburg Canada site. Jim Quinn may be
working on repeating an F3P event in the Schenectady, NY area, with date
currently on a to-be-determined status. Jim also recently informed me he
is working on 3 other possible F3P contest sites: one at Binghamton
University, Binghamton, NY, one a the Turning Stone Resort just outside
of Utica-Rome, NY, and one in Clinton, NY.

The World Championship F3P contest is scheduled for March 17-23, 2019,
in Heraklion, Crete, Greece.The USA F3P team is currently in
fund-raising mode, as transportation costs for the team and equipment is
projecting to be unusually very expensive due to location being on a
remote island accessible only by ferry or plane.Donations are very-much
appreciated!

The timing of this event also means that due to the proximity of this
world event, the Akron F3P typically held in March may be in question of
being held.There is also a remote possibility another F3P event is under
consideration to be held, possibly in/near Toledo show.Hopefully, if
this rumor is true, the potential CD will contact me soon!

Sal Piu

---
https://www.avg.com