[NSRCA-dist1] Proposed NSRCA District Realignment

JOE LACHOWSKI jlachow at optonline.net
Fri Aug 4 06:00:48 AKDT 2017

I think Maryland and Delaware should be returned to NSRCA District 2
where they were originally. It was changed years back because at the
time there were only two pilots, the Bis's, active in Maryland at the
time and pattern activity in Virginia and Maryland was at a low. Today
it has changed. Virginia now has three contests, Maryland has one on the
East coast side and for the most part, the pilots in Maryland primarily
fly in NSRCA District 2 contests. I only know of one Maryland pilot that
has attended more than one NSRCA D1 contest. It seems at this time that
it would make sense for those two states to be returned to there
original NSRCA district alignment. And I believe Delaware has no active
pattern flyers.

NSRCA D1 pilots are primarily clustered in New Jersey, New York and some
extent eastern PA. New England is very thin and could not survive as its
own NSRCA District if you were to align with AMA districting.
These are the facts as I can best recall/know.
Joe Lachowski