[NSRCA-dist1] About LVRCS Pattern Contest this weekend

Dana Beaton danamaenia at me.com
Thu Jul 28 05:49:02 AKDT 2016

Dear fellow contestants, we are now 32 for Saturday!  Thank you for pre-registering and keeping the LV in the loop about your plans.  Please continue to do so: The reason is I am maintaining a complete flight order with judging assignments for Saturday.  With the good weather forecast (see below), I have a plan that gets us to Round 4 by 7pm if we start on time and keep both flight lines moving non-stop throughout the day.  At the conclusion of Round 3, we will reassess to see if Round 4 can be completed in good time and reasonable comfort for most present to enjoy the afternoon and get to dinner.

Forecast for Saturday:
83F. Periods of clouds and sunshine. Winds will be light and variable. 18-21% chance of rain.

As a practical matter, we are asking all to observe the 3 minute rule:  The forecast is much better for Saturday than Sunday, so we want to take advantage of this to get 4 full rounds in with the contestants present on Saturday, if practical.  Please have your model and caller ready “on deck” while the flight before you is in the air. If you see a situation developing where you cannot stick to the 3 minute rule, please do let us know so we can evaluate and keep the flying continuous, but please let’s also minimize the need for flight order changes.  Thanks in advance for your support.

Field Map and Directions:
http://www.lvrcs.com/Club Info/Field Map and Directions

Practice, Parking & Housekeeping:
The box lines have been put down and will be refreshed if possible before the contest.
The forecast for Friday morning is rain.  The field is open for practice Friday the afternoon.
Please do not park vehicles or place EZ-ups adjacent to the Pavilion as we are setting-up scoring there.
Please do not block fence openings with vehicles or EZ-ups so all can move around with ease.
EZ-ups are best placed on the pilot’s side of the safety fence, per routine for any contest.
The LV has AC, HOWEVER, with this many contestants please bring, use and share your Generators!

9am Pilot Meeting
9:20 latest Wheels-up for Round 1 (earlier if possible).

About the Flight Order & Judging Assignments:
Modeled on a spreadsheet on a separate laptop from MasterScoring.
Will be displayed on a 27” monitor (and possibly an iPad or two) for convenience.
Assumes 10min/round for F3A & 404; and 8min/round for 401-403
Judging assignments optimized by certifications and experience.
Where possible, one judge will be “class up” and the other “class down” for diversity.
Where possible, one judge will be from ECPA where contestants are from ECPA, i.e., 402.
Flight order optimized around the judging assignments for your comfort.

Line Chiefs:
CD Andy Sabol, Co-CD Dale Hart and I will take turns; please help us keep planes in the air!
Please don’t ask the Line Chiefs to make any changes without checking with Dana first, thanks!
Again, if your plans change, please let Dana know so he can update the Flight Order before Saturday AM.

Fine Dining:
Due to the heat, CD Andy has arranged for delicious, gormet sandwiches for lunch instead of cooking-out on the grill.  Meal tickets will be on sale Saturday AM.  Andy has also arranged for a group dinner at a nearby restaurant Saturday evening.  Details to follow on-site.  Please consider carpooling to the restaurant if practical for you and your flying buds to forestall parking issues delaying your dinner.

A lot of stuff is coming together for a terrific contest weekend.  Looking forward to seeing you soon!  Dana, on behalf of Andy, Dale & the LVRCS.