[NSRCA-dist1] Greetings from the Ice Palace...

Dana Beaton danamaenia at me.com
Mon Jan 19 04:41:44 AKST 2015

...we still have not yet left our driveway since Saturday!  I think a good time to post two reminders/requests, for your consideration:

The NSRCA has published six pages of rules proposals (nine in total) in the January K-Factor, perhaps you have had time to take a look?  The WRAM show and our annual D1 meeting is about a month away now, just enough time to have a look and think about the rules proposals and what they mean to each one of us.  We have a terrific new DVP in Anthony Romano and I am sure he will want to hear from us about what the NSRCA leadership is proposing, as do I.  Why not read them over in K-Factor and stop by the NSRCA table at WRAM and let us know your feedback?  We might also have time to discuss at our meeting, but I will leave that to Anthony to organize (hint, hint): Would make a solid agenda item!

The Sequence Committee has begun work on the cycle for 2016-17.  While I had planned to save this for my report to you at our D1 meeting next month - with potentially so much to discuss by then - I will give you a brief update here so you can come prepared with any feedback or questions you may have for me as your representative on the Committee.  Recall that the current Masters & Advanced schedules will be flown only in 2015: we are now working on the 2016-17 Masters and there are 2 proposals already being discussed in committee.  (We will likely work on the 2016-17 Advanced after the Masters sequence is hammered out.)  Since work just started, I will leave this thought with you at a very high level and just say that the FAI catalog has captured imaginations as a source for Masters maneuvers this cycle.  This will be your best insight into things to come, and I would welcome your feedback on FAI both as a direction, and on any particular FAI maneuvers that our Masters contestants either do or don’t want to fly in the 2016-17 proposal.  Will try to hold the line on difficulty creep for the Advanced class proposal when we get to that and I think I have the support of the Committee on that score: Masters is where the action is right now and the appetites are whet to challenge pilots!  Those of us who fly Intermediate have a terrific new sequence for 3 years, please let me know how you like it; and the Sportsmen are safe with the nicely updated sequence which is also good for the next 3 seasons.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and I look forward to seeing you at WRAM where we can reignite our D1 camraderies & discuss thoughtfully together.

Cheers!
Dana