[NSRCA-dist1] D1 at the NATs

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon Aug 10 21:03:38 AKDT 2009

Reality check: Lots of good ideas here but for me, my biggest problem is that I lose touch with the airplane between practice sessions and it takes me a while to get back in the groove. When I was flying Intermediate I only flew my Pattern plane at contests and I still did OK. Now that I'm flying Advanced - about to make the move into Masters, it's a different game. I don't get enough out of practice sessions it seems. I actually find that flying foamies on lunch hour helps me more than hearing all the "mistakes" I make when flying in front of you guys and listening to your feedback. It's great to hear about all the things that I miss but the fact is, sometimes I just don't have the level of control that you guys think I do. :( How do I fix that? I have a day job and I can only practice on the weekends. Should I start building scale airplanes? LOL

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com