[NSRCA-dist1] FASST System

Orsborn, James T. jto at mitre.org
Wed Aug 6 18:44:59 AKDT 2008

Hi Carl,

It's obvious that you have the TM-7 module for your 9C radio and not
the TM-8.  I just took a quick look at the two manuals on the Futaba
Website and they have clarified the wording for the TM-8 manual.  In
step 2, it now reads:
While it is unlikely that the existing transmitter ANTENNA will
interfere with the radio frequency transmission of the TM-8, we suggest
removing it from the transmitter if possible as a precaution.

I suspect they want to make sure that you don't inadvertently extend
the old antenna while using the new module. Besides, I think most of
the old transmitter electronics (at least the RF portion) were in the
old module that you unplugged to make room for the new module.

Jim