[NSRCA-discussion] The 2022 Nats!

Jon Dieringer jon at dieringerfamily.com
Wed Mar 30 07:01:17 AKDT 2022

All,

Greetings from St Pete beach in St Petersburg FL! Excited to share that
registrations for the 2022 Pattern Nats opened at the beginning of the
month. I wanted to share the official schedule to help you start your
travel plans. The 2022 pattern Nats will also serve as the Team Trial
Contest for the FAI World Team for 2023 World Championships in Australia.

By popular consensus in the 2021 Pattern Nats Feedback, I have worked with
AMA to have the contest from Monday-Friday to help people use the weekends
for travel. I have also taken the other feedback into account and continue
to make tweaks to make 2022 better. Here is the schedule (specific times
will be communicated at a later date):

All:
Monday August 1 - mandatory pilot registration and technical inspection.
Mandatory pilots meeting.

Thursday August 4 - pilots meeting for Finals selection

Friday August 5 - Awards Dinner

Class Specific:
FAI (and Team Trial):
Tuesday and Wednesday - Prelims
Thursday - Semi-Finals
Friday - Finals

Masters:
Tuesday-Thursday - Prelims
Friday - Finals

Advanced & Intermediate:
Tuesday - Friday: 2 rounds each day (8 rounds)

Final contest format will be included in you pilot information letter later
this summer.

Campsite registration and golf cart rental is open. Please reach out to
Yolanda at AMA and let me know if you need help with these.

Registration is here (note the official schedule is Aug 1-5):
https://www.modelaircraft.org/events/nats-2022-rc-aerobatics

Looking forward to another great Nats. The only way that is possible is to
see you there!

Thanks,
Jon Dieringer
Contest Director