[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba heavy TX springs

Daniel Underkofler underdw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:25:51 AKDT 2021

Hey Futaba guys,
It seems like Futaba "Heavy" springs are unavailable.  I'm told that the
springs currently being sold as heavy are actually the same wimpy springs
shipped in new radios.  (I'm concerned, on behalf of several local pattern
pilots, myself included with 14mz and 18mz radios)
Radio South has their heavy springs, but there are those who say these are
too heavy and likely to break gimbal parts.  I also don't like their
progressive feel: too stiff at the extremes of stick travel.
Where can we get the old "heavy" springs?

Thanks, Dan