[NSRCA-discussion] Swept wings?

Dr Mike Harrison, DDS drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 24 06:37:36 AKDT 2021

Gimmick-yes

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Scott McNickle via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2021 9:20 AM
To: Daniel Underkofler <underdw at gmail.com>; General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Swept wings?

I'm really curious as to how they avoid roll coupling with a highly swept wing like that.  The conventional wisdom for years was that sweep acts like dihedral, with the 'forward going' wing presenting more area to the airstream and thus making more lift, resulting in roll with rudder.

Hoping someone can straighten me out on my apparent misconception!

Scott