[NSRCA-discussion] 2022/23 Sequences posted

Matthew Finley rcfin02 at msn.com
Tue Aug 17 19:09:53 AKDT 2021

Thank You !

Respectfully,

Matthew Finley
Technology Assistant
Mobile: 248-794-8487
________________________________
From: NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org> on behalf of Vicente Bortone via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 10:55:50 PM
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>; Stuart Chale <schale1 at outlook.com>
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] 2022/23 Sequences posted

Excellent job.  Congratulations,

Vicente “Vince” Bortone

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 8:41 AM Stuart Chale via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org<mailto:nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>> wrote:

The revised 2022/23 sequences are up on the NSRCA website. https://nsrca.us/index.php/sequences

Single page and left to right and right to left Aresti.

The maneuver descriptions should be uploaded shortly.  Maneuver downgrades are being worked on by the Judging committee.

The Sequence committee received comments from the Board and DVP’s that were submitted by members.  We also reviewed comments on social media that we were aware of.  Everyone’s comments were considered.  Please keep in mind that there were many opposing suggestions so not everyone’s suggestions could be incorporated.  In the end some maneuvers were modified, some swapped positions to help with possible pinch points, or to address concerns that we felt were warranted.  Some maneuver elements were removed or simplified to keep the total K factor in check.

Any change in order of maneuvers was mirrored as much as possible in all three classes (not sportsman) to keep the common backbone and order of maneuvers the same in each class.

You might also notice that the K factors listed are higher than 2020.  The board has also approved minor changes to the K factor system developed for the 2020 season by the Guidelines committee.  Hopefully, this will be discussed in the next K Factor but briefly as compared to 2020 more emphasis has been placed on center maneuvers, center horizontal maneuvers, and maneuvers with an inverted entry.  Base K factors for maneuvers and elements have been tweaked.  The formula for each maneuver final K factor, considering the base K factor and all of the maneuver’s elements has also been tweaked.  The 2022 advanced and masters sequence actually have a lower total K factor than 2020 using the same system.

Respectfully,

Your sequence committee,

Robert Afflerback D1

Stuart Chale D1 (Chair)

Braxton Dudley D2

Randy Forbus D3

Dave Johnstone D4

Mark Barnett D5

Monroe Michaelis D6

Joe Bruml D7

Jim Hiller D8

John Decker D6 (Board liaison)

Vicente "Vince" Bortone
NSRCA 1140.  Be Proud to show your NSRCA #