[NSRCA-discussion] Aircraft carriers

Richard B. Strickland pamrich47 at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 07:07:58 AKDT 2020

I traded an ’03 Yukon XL in on an ’09 Ford Flex and went from 15.5 mpg overall to about 19. The Flex was about 6-10” or so longer from the tail hatch to a comfortable front seat position than all three GM midsize SUVs and the Ford Explorer (which IMHO were/are not large enough for pattern planes) and was great on the road. We traded it for a new Suburban in late ’14  and it gets an average of 17.5 and 19.3 or so going to the field and back. I was looking at the Lincoln equivalent, but our intention at that time was to spend more time in Florida and Arizona (from KC area and taking an airplane) with friends which never really materialized, so now kinda wish we had gone the Lincoln route. Pam has some problems getting in and out of the Suburban as she is petite and has some leg muscle and joint issues—so I’m sort of looking around again at something a little smaller and shorter to enter and exit, but again it has to have at least the room of the Flex. I think the Mazda CX9 is/was built on the same platform. A minivan has many advantages, but we just can’t get excited enough to buy one.

Richard