[NSRCA-discussion] 1985 Nats

tocdon at netscape.net tocdon at netscape.net
Sat Mar 28 06:19:01 AKDT 2020

Xavier, Nice find.  I flew in Advanced that year and was just looking through those pictures in my photo album.
Great to hear the Chip Hyde interview-  description on the elevator to preserve geometry of the avalanche is right on.
Ivan's advice on the six sided loop is still relevant today....
"Make the corners with authority, don't make maneuver too big, and the (F21- half 8 sided loop with two half rolls) becomes much easier to do..."

 and Dean Pappas discussing the finer points....

"A winning airplane starts in the workshop."- Dean Pappas.
Dave Lockhart found the old EU-1 series Dean referred to... https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/classic-rc-pattern-flying-379/10860066-rules-history-eu1-pics.html?styleid=7
Cheers,Don