[NSRCA-discussion] Digital and analog servos on sport plane

chuenkan at comcast.net chuenkan at comcast.net
Thu Mar 26 14:35:34 AKDT 2020

Hey, Mike,

I don't know about Airtronics, but the Spektrum radios I fly (DX-9 and iX12) are capable of two frame rates -- 22 msc and 11 msc.  In order to use the faster frame rate, you need all digital servos, as the analog can't follow the faster frame rate.  If  your Tx works the current analog servos, I don't think you will find any electronic issues, as the digital servos are equally capable of following the slower frame rate.  The pulse widths and voltage changes to create the pulses are well-standardized, these days.  Whether you would experience any "flying feeling" differences between functions with and without digital servos, I don't know.

What functions are you ging to use digital servos for, and why?  Just curious...

Phil Spelt, AMA 1294, Scientific Leader Member

SPA L-18, Board Member, NSRCA 2032, KCRC Emeritus
Knoxville, TN  37931   (865) 604-0541c