[NSRCA-discussion] 10S UBEC Question

jerry at buddengineering.com jerry at buddengineering.com
Fri Jun 12 15:38:21 AKDT 2020

Dave,

Do you know why the specs state it can only support voltages over 10S for an airplane with the brake disabled?  I’m assuming that’s because of the EMF back flow from the ESC into the batteries raises the voltage significantly when the brake engages, but maybe that’s only a problem when running 12s batteries?

Jerry