[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba / OS Controller: Brake at 90, 95, 100% ?

tjpritchett at aol.com tjpritchett at aol.com
Thu Jan 16 10:09:09 AKST 2020

  I didn't see a response Jim so I'll take a stab.  I ran one of these for just a few months in my Epic before it's demise, and it was a good predictable controller.  The only issue I had was that it seemed 'notchy' with throttle advance, compared with my Jeti's and Graupners.  The OCP-1 (programmer) instructions only give the parameter "Brake Type" for adjusting the brake, so I suppose that's what you're referring to.   The settings are  Slow/Normal/Fast or value 5-100%  It describes this as "Select to stop the motor gradually or suddenly".  I read this to be the deceleration rate, not  a setting for the total brake amount.  So I doubt it will stop the prop at 100%.     I did run a lot lower settings that you have though; 40-70% in my experience, but I also didn't notice much difference.  It still 'wound up'as the plane sped up toward the ground.  As with all things, try and see.....I'd suggest even going down on this value, so that the applied brake is increasing in the downlines to offset the speed increase.  Others???