[NSRCA-discussion] Best Battery Powered Dremel Tool?

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Sat Dec 26 07:03:32 AKST 2020

I have a lithium Dremel that is at least 6-7 years old, and it is great. But original batteries were expensive. So I bought a Milwaukee rotary tool on sale, because it uses the same battery as my drill, soldering iron, bit driver, etc. I've had to send it in twice in the last 1.5 years because it quit working. Both times they replaced it with a new one, but meanwhile, the Dremel worked. I ended up buying more aftermarket batteries for the Dremel, and it is my primary tool again. The aftermarket batteries from Amazon work as well as the original.

Early rechargeable Dremels with nicads were horrible. No power, and the batteries discharged rapidly.