[NSRCA-discussion] Flying stab travel

John Decker johndecker at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 26 08:50:23 AKDT 2019

 Scott,
Normally, I set elevators at 10 degrees to 12 degrees for maiden. When I had a Nuance with a full flying stab it was so responsive I had it dialed down to 8 degrees by the time I had it trimmed out. And I found the radii could get sharp pretty fast so I had about 20% more expo programmed as well. Definitely more surface area makes a big difference. The nice thing is that once initial incidence is set, you adjust using elevator trim rather than incidence adjusters.
Hope that helps,
John