[NSRCA-discussion] District 4 Thank you...

mups53 mups53 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:09:17 AKDT 2019

Ditto Mark Doucey.Mark Atwood was great and set a high bar for anyone who has to follow in his footsteps. He was also backed up by incredibly talented fliers who never lost the world championships under his leadership. Saul Goodman.Mike Mueller Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Mark Doucey via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 9/23/19  2:09 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: "Atwood, Mark" <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>, General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] District 4 Thank you... Mark, thank you for all the accolades for D4.  However it pales in comparison to all the work you have put in these last eight years for the benefit of the team. You are the one hawking  50-50 tickets,  beating on manufacturers for auction items and hauling all of the team apparel everywhere you went.You have been a wonderful example of what a team manager should be.  You won’t know what it’s like to just come to a contest and enjoy yourself.Thanks for everything.Mark Doucey Sent from my iPhoneOn Sep 23, 2019, at 10:25 AM, Atwood, Mark via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> wrote:

I just returned from the District 4 championships in Muncie.   First off, if there is ANY consideration for having a September Nationals, let me just say that we've run the D4 Championship the 3rd week of Sept in Muncie for at least the past decade and possibly
 2… and it’s always a fantastic contest.  Weather conditions in Indiana in early fall are excellent.

But I digress…     I’ve been Team Manager to the US Team for 8 years / 4 cycles.  And while I have gotten great support from all over the country, NO group, bar none, have come close to the level of physical, moral, emotional, and financial support
 for our efforts than the guys from D4.    Yes, they all have a complete wardrobe of Team Apparel from 2013 on.  They can also all fill their own dumpster with losing 50/50 raffle tickets.   Every transmitter case in the district sports Team USA Stickers (all
 of which they bought…).   They help me shuttle products to the nat.  Deliver prizes to winners in other parts of the country.  They pick up the mantel when I can’t make an event.    In short, they collectively bust their ass to help make my job, and the teams
 job, just a little bit easier.

So Thank You to ALL the flyers and participants in District 4.  And those of you that are technically D5, or D1 that frequent our events… thanks to you too.

And to Scott McNickle - A special thanks for the effort and attention you’ve paid as our District VP.  I know I’m not disparaging those that came before you by saying you’ve set a new bar for that position.  The effort is greatly appreciated by
 all of us.  And yeah, we say nice things about you when you’re not around :)

To Peter Vanheusden -  An equally special thanks, not only for generous support for the team, but for the selfless effort to make
EVERY contest schlepping 2 giant cases filled with all the equipment for our scoring system.  Showing up early to set up each day, leaving late after tearing it all down, fixing controllers, teaching new guys how to use it, on and on and on
 and on.   If you don’t think your effort makes all of us enjoy the contest more, well, we haven’t said thank you enough.

I’d like to think that some of these efforts by all have actually made us a tighter group.  And an expanding group.  A reason to belong, and a mutual support structure that makes friends…well, friends.   I miss these guys all winter and pine for
 our first outing in the spring.

I don’t know if there’s a “model” here to follow… But I challenge all the other districts to do it half as well.

So Thanks D4 - See you in the Spring :)

Mark

MARK ATWOOD

o.  (440) 229-2502
c.  (216) 316-2489
e.  atwoodm at paragon-inc.com

Paragon Consulting, Inc.
5900 Landerbrook Drive, Suite 205, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
www.paragon-inc.com

Powering The Digital Experience