[NSRCA-discussion] 2020 FAI Format

Dr. Mike Harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 11 09:38:15 AKDT 2019

I like your personal favorite format.

The new normalization did just as I expected.  The original normalization system was well thought out and worked beautifully.  In my view the new system was formed as kind of a rationalization that someone could fly so much better in one flight that he/she should be declared winner-those were called “barnburners” back in the day.  Competitors would outfly the “favorite” all contest long only to be beaten on the last day because of this “incredible last flight” thus nullifying all the good consistent flying by others. Those flights  got the label “barnburner”.   Personal favorites, particularly in certain regions won regardless.  The original normalization system changed all that.  When a flyer won a flight, he kept it. Thus every flight counted.  Not so in the past and not so with this new system.  It should never been put in place and should be eliminated.

Dr. Michael S. Harrison, DDS

122 Corporate Terrace

Hot Springs, AR 71913

(501) 520-6677