[NSRCA-discussion] Eglin AFB

Curt Oberg obergc at cox.net
Thu Mar 14 16:29:39 AKDT 2019

Joe,
The C3 site is still active for RC flying, the big issue is that since Ron Van Putte's passing last year, pattern flying in the club is greatly diminished.  At present, John Fuqua is the only active pattern flyer and he has his own field to fly at with the Mill Creek Aerodrome.  If you get in touch with John, he probably would join Bill at C3 for a flying session or 2.  At present, I am on hiatus from flying RC because my wife of 60 years has been diagnosed with lymphoma and we are travelling back and forth from Fort Walton Beach and the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville for chemotherapy.  The requirement for flying at C3 is that you must be accompanied by another club member (since the field is padlocked and only club members have the combo), you must be an AMA member, and you must have your FAA Small UAS certificate of registration with you and have your registration number visible on the outside of your aircraft.

Curt Oberg