[NSRCA-discussion] New FAA Rule to begin Feb. 23

Justin Wells justin at jtwells.com
Thu Feb 14 09:58:47 AKST 2019

The rule Actually begins on Feb 25th.  As I'm president of my club I asked
them if we are to police this or stay out of it, please see the response
below:

Mr. Wells,

Thank you for reaching out with your question!

AMA club or member benefits are not contingent on UAS registration. We
encourage all members to follow Federal regulations, but we are not
policing UAS registration. We also do not ask our clubs or contest
directors to verify registration – we leave enforcement in the FAA’s
jurisdiction and any fine or penalty would be against the non-compliant
individual, not the club.

You and your club may find the following video helpful:
https://youtu.be/zQmzoA4DR84

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 7:35 AM Scott McHarg via NSRCA-discussion <