[NSRCA-discussion] Power Connectors: Yeah, late / new to the party

davel322 davel322 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 3 08:30:22 AKST 2019

I also do not parallel charge.Power poles are safe enough for pattern, but the Dean's do handle heat and high current better - I don't know exact values in terms of mah per flight or peak amps.All the EC, XT, and Castle connectors that are shielded work similarly.  Plain bullets can be reasonably shielded using varieties of heat shrink tubing and fuel tubing.Pick your poison....I'm sticking with Deans.Regards, DaveSent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note8.Apologies in advance for any typos undoubtedly introduced by auto correct and / or talk to text.
-------- Original message --------From: james woodward via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Date: 12/3/19  11:51  (GMT-05:00) To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org> Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Power Connectors: Yeah, late / new to the party Gents,What is the current thoughts on ESC/Power connectors?  I started with EC5's, wasn't too pleased with the assembly/dissassembly methods.  Went to Dean's, because they are really easy to solder,  less bulky, lighter.  I'm also parallel charging.  So this means I have a 6 lead Male Deans cable.  For the very first time, I actually touched-off one of these cable positive/neg lead tabs, and created a spark/weld action :(   I was in the process of unplugging all the leads after finishing a storage charge, and the touch-off happened.  Thus, I'm rethinking...  Has anyone made a protective shield that surrounds the male side, and stays put on the Dean (not like the removable cover pieces available).  Would appreciate some thoughts.  Thx Jim