[NSRCA-discussion] Power Connectors: Yeah, late / new to the party

james woodward jimwoodward89 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 07:51:03 AKST 2019

Gents,

What is the current thoughts on ESC/Power connectors?  I started with
EC5's, wasn't too pleased with the assembly/dissassembly methods.  Went to
Dean's, because they are really easy to solder,  less bulky, lighter.

I'm also parallel charging.  So this means I have a 6 lead Male Deans
cable.  For the very first time, I actually touched-off one of these cable
positive/neg lead tabs, and created a spark/weld action :(   I was in the
process of unplugging all the leads after finishing a storage charge, and
the touch-off happened.

Thus, I'm rethinking...  Has anyone made a protective shield that surrounds
the male side, and stays put on the Dean (not like the removable cover
pieces available).

Would appreciate some thoughts.  Thx Jim