[NSRCA-discussion] Mezon 90 Lite investigation

Xavier Mouraux xaviermouraux at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 19:52:44 AKDT 2019

Hi,
I have 2 planes with that ECS. The primary has 300 flights, the backup had 100 flights since the installation of that ESC.Both planes use the BEC at 6.2V and a backup 2S lipo with a radio south regulator at 5.7V.

Getting ready for a 3rd flight on the backup yesterday, the ECS made sparks and smoke when I connected the battery. I took the ECS apart and found what I think is a FET busted.
2 observations: I accidentally left the backup battery and BEC switches ON after the 2nd flight about 10 minutes before and only noticed it after I connected the main battery. I may have touch the connectors twice in quick successions when connecting the battery.
I usually turn the backup battery ON first to check the voltage to the receiver and then the BEC.

See pictures in that album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/gaN4bqG9BCgDyUzt8
Since I have the same ECS on the other plane, I want to understand what caused it and if I did something wrong.
Abt idea what happened ?

Could it be repaired or is it done ?
Thanks you
Xavier