[NSRCA-discussion] Matt Finley ( F3A Moving Forward )

Matthew Finley rcfin02 at msn.com
Thu Sep 27 01:39:29 AKDT 2018

Thinking Ahead...... Worse Case Scenario.......

I always try to stay positive in my attitude, and Outlook in life. With this being said, I highly recommend or hope the following is thought about soon in preparation of let's say a " worse case scenario ".... Maybe it already has ?

I recommend if it has not already been thought about, have the sequence committee or other powers at be start planning for the 400' restriction. I understand this would be a big change, but one that would be necessary if the FAA reauthorization bill comes in effect if it is passed by the senate..

Even though this would put a huge impact on large vertical manuvers, tall centered manuvers, or tall  turn-around manuvers, there are as many, or even more sub up to 400' manuvers one could come up with that would still allow us to hone our skills,  continue our passion, and still remain within the 400' cieling.

Yes...  Manuvers would need to be modified and even quite a few removed completely to stay within the limits. However talking in "future" speak, in my eyes, and opinion, it would be crazy, and yes I will say it ludicrous to just say " With the 400' cieling limit, I guess we can no longer fly Precision Aerobatics "

This subject the past few days ever since learning about this new issue, it has weighed very heavy on my mind, as I'm sure it has all of you, and I know as a group we can come up with a positive outcome from all of this, and continue our passion.

My .02 cents worth..