[NSRCA-discussion] Matthew Finley

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:30:30 AKDT 2018

Don't be too harsh....yet.  There have been many things promised but, in
reality, nothing has yet to be taken away either.  It's better to work
together to find a solution and the FAA has promised to work with us.
Since they haven't done anything to kill off our hobby (understand I'm
speaking of the ability to fly not things done in addition i.e.
registration), we should at least try to work with and come up with ideas
such as the Class H (Hobby) airspace that exists up to x feet above AMA
Sanctioned fields.  I also feel that they aren't after "us" but are trying
to eliminate the folks that don't even know what AMA is or how to fly
responsibly.  I'm OK with those type folks being gone myself.  If a "Class
H" airspace does get proposed or introduced, then full-scale pilots are
aware of where models are and then it's on them to avoid the airspace just
like any other airspace they should stay away from.  We aren't going to
beat the FAA.  They aren't going to oppress the UAS Commercial industry.
We have to find a solution together.  We should know by now that outright
complaining will get us nowhere.

*Scott A. McHarg*

Takeoff is optional.  Landing is mandatory!

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 1:00 PM Peter Vogel via NSRCA-discussion <