[NSRCA-discussion] Matt Finley ( F3A Moving Forward )

John Fuqua johnfuqua at embarqmail.com
Wed Oct 3 14:00:02 AKDT 2018

Here is some info I got from Tony Stillman at AMA.  I had asked about the hard limit in Class G airspace (unrestricted) which is where my flying field is located.    This is what he replied.     Lets keep positive.

As a matter of fact, the FAA told us it could be weeks or even years before the law is enacted.  Our Gov relations team is in DC RIGHT NOW working on this issue with the FAA.  The FAA has the authority to modify this and has told us as well as sent letters to us to say that they have no problem with AMA flying above 400’.  We are very hopeful that they will resolve this issue way before the laws become enacted.

So… nothing changes today or even when Pres. Trump signs the bill (probably tomorrow)…. Keep flying like you always have… I know I will!

Tony Stillman

Flying Site Assistance Coordinator/Competitions-Technical Director

Academy of Model Aeronautics