[NSRCA-discussion] Peter Vogel and Scoring

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:41:38 AKDT 2018

Not really glitches, mostly on-the fly judge changes that cause master scoring to reject scores from a judge not assigned to the round and the like.  This NATS was almost complete glitch-free other than the different normalization export issue for F3A.

It took me less than 10 minutes per site to have the site ready to score for the day, thanks to the lockable trailers provided by the AMA at each site.  And similarly about 5 minutes per site to shut down for the day.

My poor result in Intermediate was largely the result of Flying an airplane with the wrong wings due to a trailer load/unload snafu resulting in some significant trimming issues because the wing incidences were not matched *AND* because I have had very little practice in the last two years due to my home field’s access road being washed out and requiring the county to put in a new bridge or, as they now plan, a complete different access path.

I’m pleased with how I flew given the circumstances!

That said, for next year I would like to use our usual budget for score runners and score keepers to pay for people to manage the system at each site.

Peter+