[NSRCA-discussion] NATS update from Al Glenn

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:35:39 AKDT 2018

The following is from the NATS Event Director Al Glenn:

Welcome to the 92nd Academy of Model Aeronautics Radio Control Precision
Aerobatic Championship!

This year we are honoring Ron Van Putte, a fellow competitor and legend who
passed earlier this year, for his unselfish and tireless contributions to
the hobby and his community.

This year we will also be selecting our next World Championship team.

Details for next week

   1. Pilots meetings are mandatory
   2. All pilot must have judging certification completed by the July 15
   pilots meeting.
   3. Masters and FAI will use the matrix system
   4. Masters Final will be the top 8 pilots with a three round final
   5. Due to the large number of pilots in FAI, the matrix system will be
   used with the old 2017 normalization in prelims and semi finals, and the
   new 2018 normalization in the Final. Adopting the new rule for
   normalization was problematic with so many pilots and the need for equal
   exposure and also our requirements for contestant judging.
   6. Banquet ticket can be purchased for the Delaware Country club from Al
   Glenn and Jessy Symes up till 4pm Tuesday.  Cost is $30.00 and you must
   wear a collared shirt to the banquet since t-shirts are not allowed at the
   country club.
   7. This year, we have a system in place to send SMS notifications to
   pilots to alert you of late-breaking changes and other important
   information.  In order to add yourself to the list, please text your class
   name (i.e. fai, masters, intermediate, etc.) to *213-263-NATS (6287)*.
   You will get a confirmation text back notifying you that you have been
   added to the list if everything worked correctly, or you will get an error
   message if you did not send the right class (or misspelled it).  Text
   messages may come from the number above, OR it may come from* 510-30-NSRCA
   (6-7722*) due to carrier limitations on the number of text messages sent
   per minute from a single number.
   8. Please make sure you fill out the equipment list and hand it back.
   Non NATS participants eagerly await this information to see what equipment
   all pilots are using.
   9. Judging assignments and flight orders are now posted on the NSRCA
   website at: https://www.nsrca.us/index.php/nats/2018
   <index.php/nats/2018>

Thank you for coming to AMA in Muncie and have a great week

Albert Glenn

Nats Event Director