[NSRCA-discussion] Matthew Finley ( PATTERN TRANSPORT VEHICLE )

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Tue Jan 9 20:52:29 AKST 2018

Caravans are great - lots of room for planes and they get good mileage. The
older ones sometimes had problems with the transmissions but I had a 2005
and I never had a problem. I did have the trans fluid changed at 50K but
other than that I never had to do anything with it. I towed my Jet boat with
it too. If you want to break out of the minivan rut like I did then a good
choice for an SUV is the Dodge Durango. It doesn't have quite as much room
as a Caravan but it's just as reliable, can easily hold at least 2 Pattern
planes and all of your luggage and support equipment. It has just  a bit
under 8 feet of length between the tailgate and the back of the front seats.
Best of all you can get it with AWD. Stow-N-Go Caravans have no space
underneath for AWD so it's not an option on them. If you live in a place
where you get snow then the AWD is really nice to have. I traded in my FWD
2005 Caravan for an AWD 2014 Dodge Durango with the V-6 a few years ago and
I love it. On a long trip you'll get close to 30 Mpg on the highway and the
Durango has a really large gas tank so it has about a 500 mile range. Really
great for those trips to the NATs. Best of all you don't look like a "soccer
mom" when you're not hauling airplanes.

John Pavlick

Cell: 203-417-4971

Integrated Development Services