[NSRCA-discussion] Election

Ken Dunlap kdunlap at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 27 06:09:24 AKST 2018

Charlie,
Thanks for the explanation and transparency, of a sort, into the process. However, I think you are way over the top in describing the comments in this forum as "viscous." -most likely you meant "Vicious" -which would be over the top as well. Also unfriendly in tone and characterization is the phrase "Are they letting someone else do their thinking?" Finally, bringing "politics" in this is entirely unwarranted. Unless of course you think the questions raised here are part of someone's campaign, WHICH THEY ARE NOT!

The issue at hand is why did someone look at the raw vote totals before the close of the election and then issue a call to action? In your own words, " I urged our board members to express to their respective district members to vote, because it was a tight race."

So my question to you is why in the world would someone care that it was a tight race? Why would the VPs and membership need to react because this was a close race? Was this race supposed to be a blow out? Why couldn't the race end close? Who the heck really cares?

As a member of NSRCA I think these are fair questions.

For the record, I disagree with opening the vote tally before the close of the election, reading and comparing totals, and then issuing a call for action on behalf of the organization, because a close election apparently wasn't supposed to happen.

Couldn't y'all have just waited until the 1st?

I just give up.... this is just too obvious of a bad judgment now trying to be justified.

Ken Dunlap