[NSRCA-discussion] Transporting a Two Meter Plane in Pickup Truck

Ken Velez kvelez at rochester.rr.com
Thu Oct 26 05:42:24 AKDT 2017

20.5”

ken

From: NSRCA-discussion [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of mups53 via NSRCA-discussion
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:29 AM
To: Scott; General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Transporting a Two Meter Plane in Pickup Truck

I'm guessing 23 inches

Mike Mueller

-------- Original message --------

From: Scott via NSRCA-discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

Date: 10/26/17 7:54 AM (GMT-06:00)

To: Michael Gosson <mbgosson at hotmail.com>, General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

I need a little advise from anyone that transports a two meter plane in a pickup truck without a cap.

I'm considering purchasing a pickup truck with a 6.6 foot box and flat hard cover over the box, a cap is not in consideration. Currently, I transport an Etude and looking to add an Invitation next year.

I test fit my Etude this evening in a F-150 with a hard cover over the box and the clearance was extremely tight with the canopy on.  Once the canopy was removed is was workable. I do not have an Invitation to trial fit but I'm guessing with the T Can and taller fuselage this may prove to be a problem, but I'm only guessing here.

Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

Thanks fellas

MB Gosson

---