[NSRCA-discussion] Transporting a Two Meter Plane in Pickup Truck

Michael Gosson mbgosson at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:49:31 AKDT 2017

I need a little advise from anyone that transports a two meter plane in a pickup truck without a cap.

I'm considering purchasing a pickup truck with a 6.6 foot box and flat hard cover over the box, a cap is not in consideration. Currently, I transport an Etude and looking to add an Invitation next year.

I test fit my Etude this evening in a F-150 with a hard cover over the box and the clearance was extremely tight with the canopy on.  Once the canopy was removed is was workable. I do not have an Invitation to trial fit but I'm guessing with the T Can and taller fuselage this may prove to be a problem, but I'm only guessing here.

Any thoughts or experience would be helpful.

Thanks fellas

MB Gosson